A somewhat austere history of the place:
- The Original Forum was created by Auspex Turmalis to support The Antioch Chronicles in October 1999, shortly after the release of Episode II.
- Unrelenting technical difficulties killed the original forum in August 2000; after a few days, the community is quietly revived as a CoolBoard.
- The next destination was EZBoard in January 2001, where it lived under the Auspex Studios banner for a few years, seeing the death of Episode III and the birth of Antioch Reborn. Leadership of the community shifted to ZeusLegion. Members donated to a community chest for a gold membership that kept the annoying ads out, but it eventually ran out.
- The ads instigated a move to Ashenvale in October 2002, a domain owned and operated by Avatar. The forum switched to phpBB2 and was, for a time, renamed to support Subliminal Games.
- When Subliminal Games died, interest grew in a move to our own domain and the creation of a community web site. The community was reborn as Antioch Forever in April 2003, with the domain and hosting again provided by Avatar. We later moved to phpBB3.
For a more individual approach, see the Antioch History page, and for a more detailed record, try the Community Timeline.
The Antioch Forever site launched on October 11th, 2003.
The wiki is maintained by typhoon. It runs a modified version of UseModWiki. The source code » (46 KB) is available.
- The Starcraft (June 18th, 2003) theme was created by Magnum.
- The Christmas 2003 (December 1st, 2003) theme was created by Magnum and typhoon.
- The Red Moon (December 22nd, 2003) was created by Magnum, typhoon, and phal.
- The Evergreen (November 25th, 2004), Midnight (December 27th, 2004), Blue (March 17th, 2005), Christmas 2005 (December 2nd, 2005), Hanukkah (December 1st, 2006), Century (April 28th, 2007), New Moon (June 7th, 2007), Christmas 2007 (December 5th, 2007), and Slug (September 25th, 2014) themes were created by typhoon.
- And the Forever (September 25th, 2005) theme was created by phal.
The file icons were mostly created by Teambox. There is an SVG fork created from the icons used by this site.